Imago Techmedia Ltd is registered in England and Wales under Company No. 04865455.
Registered Office: Bedford House, 69-79 Fulham High Street, London, SW6 3JW, United Kingdom
Business Address: The Malt House, 25-29 High Street, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1LL, United Kingdom
Imago Techmedia is a subsidiary of Clarion Events Limited
Continuous Delivery Theatre
Thu 6th Oct 13:40 to 14:10
Continuous Delivery anti-patterns from the wild
Continuous Delivery techniques and practices are often misunderstood. This session will explore some Continuous Delivery anti-patterns based on work 'in the wild' with a wide range of organisations across different industry sectors:
- Believing that "Continuous Delivery is not for us"
- Ignoring the database
- Thinking that a deployment pipeline is just a series of chained jobs in Jenkins
- Not measuring delays between value-add activities
- Ignoring Cost-of-Delay and job size
- Not funding the build/test/deployment capability properly
By avoiding these pitfalls, we can increase the effectiveness of our software delivery efforts.
What you will take away from this session
- Why Continuous Delivery (CD) is useful for almost all modern software
- How to approach CD for databases
- How to make CD really 'fly' within the organisation
- How to 'sell' CD to business stakeholders
|Matthew Skelton||View Profile|